About Me

My photo
I love my family like crazy, although we're a bit nutty I think we are more functional than most familes I've met. I like to blog and often am trying to figure out what site is best, so far I've settled on blogger. I love cats and very very well behaved dogs (but there really aren't that many around are there?) Diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I am trying not to let it define me.

Thursday, February 16, 2012


I certainly have felt this way at times. Perhaps it is just because of my own insecurities. When I am in a group I find myself comparing myself to others. And it doesn't help that I hang out with are pretty amazing people, which highlights my repulsiveness. Usually I just try to hang back. I see how others interact and wish that I was as charismatic and likable as other people.  Instead I am forever putting my foot in my mouth! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Just be yourself and I think its got to do with self-confidence rather then appearance and looks. You can be what your want if you let go and try. Best of luck and hope these words inspires you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nava...I bet the amazing people you hang with think you're pretty amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all women compare themselves to others, even if we do it subconsciously. Society holds such high standards for women, we have to have perfect skin, perfect bodies, perfect hair, perfect teeth, no wonder women are more insecure than ever. Remind yourself that being different is not a bad thing. I always envied the perfect size 0's in jr high, blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin, tall girls for being what I thought was beautiful, all the popular girls in my town looked that way. As I got older, I was told that being the complete opposite of these girls is what made me stand out, made me more beautiful than them. Although it's hard to believe, the media's idea of beauty doesn't necessarily match the rest of us. I would rather be with someone who thinks I'm beautiful and unique, than someone who goes by everyone else's standards. And from your photos, let me tell you the truth, you are GORGEOUS!! The kind of girl that stands out in a room full of clones. You are unique, beautiful, sweet, smart, and deep. Anyone who doesn't see that is the weirdo! =]

    ReplyDelete