About Me

My photo
I love my family like crazy, although we're a bit nutty I think we are more functional than most familes I've met. I like to blog and often am trying to figure out what site is best, so far I've settled on blogger. I love cats and very very well behaved dogs (but there really aren't that many around are there?) Diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I am trying not to let it define me.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Love this book so much!

I just finished Portia de Rossi's memoir, Unbearable Lightness. I can honestly say that no eating disorder book has ever made such an impact on me. Some of what she wrote. was exactly my thoughts. I highlighted so much in that book. 
I find her inspirational, because if she made it out, than so can I. There are phrases she used that I have thought, almost word for word, it blew my mind to see them in print.
I liked the fact that she is truly recovered, and so her words unlike some ed memoirs , aren't focused on how "great of an anorexic" she was. Yes she goes into detail about her behaviors at the time, but what I took from the book was that in the end an eating disorder is miserable. A flawed coping mechanism that will kill you. 
I love this book. I someday want to be able to say that I made it through the eating disorder, completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment