About Me

My photo
I love my family like crazy, although we're a bit nutty I think we are more functional than most familes I've met. I like to blog and often am trying to figure out what site is best, so far I've settled on blogger. I love cats and very very well behaved dogs (but there really aren't that many around are there?) Diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I am trying not to let it define me.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Last words

Last words, isn't it odd to think we all will have them. Last thoughts too. But for this blog I just want to focus on last words, since no one can know the last thought of someone taking their last breath.


 Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barrymore would allow such a conventional thing to happen to him.
~~ John Barrymore, actor, d. May 29, 1942

Death as mysterious as it to us, is a mystery we all will solve. Someday we will all take the conventional last lung full of air and cease to be. I'm fascinated by what comes after. As modern as we are and as much as we think we know, we still can't answer that question: What comes after?

Now comes the mystery.
~~ Henry Ward Beecher, evangelist, d. March 8, 1887

I don't believe that we just rot, if that were the case than why exist at all? Why even strive for better things in this life if at the end you are just food for worms, collapsing in on yourself? I believe in an after, but what it is I don't know.

I'm bored with it all.
Before slipping into a coma. He died 9 days later.
~~ Winston Churchill, statesman, d. January 24, 1965


No comments:

Post a Comment