About Me

My photo
I love my family like crazy, although we're a bit nutty I think we are more functional than most familes I've met. I like to blog and often am trying to figure out what site is best, so far I've settled on blogger. I love cats and very very well behaved dogs (but there really aren't that many around are there?) Diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I am trying not to let it define me.

Monday, July 18, 2011

thinspo mainstream


I had thought that thinspo was only something people with eating disorders are aware of. But apparently its used by others to motivate weight loss goals. I suppose that what healthy people find beautiful and inspiring are different than what I as a woman with an e.d. finds beautiful. A lot of times I will look at a picture and think:
 
"This is wrong, she looks ill. She needs to eat" but of course then there's the flip-side of that voice that says
"Gorgeous, you should look like that. Why don't you look like that!? You're disgusting"

Lets just hope that the healthy people that use pictures to motivate their weight loss goals will be a lot safer and nicer to themselves than I am to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment