About Me

My photo
I love my family like crazy, although we're a bit nutty I think we are more functional than most familes I've met. I like to blog and often am trying to figure out what site is best, so far I've settled on blogger. I love cats and very very well behaved dogs (but there really aren't that many around are there?) Diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I am trying not to let it define me.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Life by classic t.v.

I remember being really little and wanting the kind of family from "Little House on the Prairie" and "The Waltons" and all the shows with intact families. I wanted a family like that, a mom and a dad and brothers and sisters who were all functional. Sure they had their disagreements but in the end they came together and persevered stronger than ever. The dad didn't leave. The mom didn't obsessively diet or clean. The siblings never had any problems that couldn't be solved within the hour. It all seemed so safe. That is what I always wanted when I was younger, just the feeling of home being this comforting place instead of a place where anything could happen. I don't know that I've ever given up on this dream of being safe, comforted and secure.





so the question is:

what was your favorite t.v. family?
what is your idea of the perfect family home life?
what t.v. family does your's most resemble?



No comments:

Post a Comment